Basically, at previous meets and competitions we usually placed last/second to last. and to see us make it from there to 3rd place outa 26 TEAMS was unbeleivable. I was team captain and our team was an aliance captain, meaning we got to pick our partners for the semi finals, so I had to stand in front of EVERYONE along side the other 3 alliance captains and i had to nominate the teams as they then “graciously accepted.” It was my first time really doing all this like robotics stuff so it was nerve wrecking but at the same time so much fun. Like i came home and just couldn’t stop smiling even though we got out in the semi finals. I was so stressed out and my coaches were all its okay! You got this! You make the shots. and at that moment. i was like woah i have to put my whole team on my back right now. To move onto finals, we had to win a best 2 outa 3 tourney. The first match we went up with our first pick alliance and we ended up losing. I figured that my two alliances combined were stronger than my own team so i ended up putting those two out there. But, bad choice. I mean yes they did incredibly well and left all they had out on the field but since they lost, it was almost as if i didnt even get a chance to redeem ourselves because, we personally, were not playing in that match. But even then it was just fun and we rooted for other teams and i went and thanked all the players and they thanked me for being chosen and what not. The best part though was nominating the other teams. That was incredible. We picked team E=MK^2 and i saw like their entireee team just get up in the stands and start screaming as their captain came up to me and accepted our offer. It just put a smile on my face that we were able to be in that high of a position to be able to give another team the chance to experiance that feeling. And above all, just our team itself being an ALLIANCE CAPTAIN! Some teams that go to worlds haven’t even had an opportunity to be an alliance captain. Well i think our team is so damn close to being in States and with just a little more work, we can DEFINETLY pull ourselves up and be the best at next sunday’s qualifiers :) <3 Let’s hope for the best!
Sorry, all this probably makes no sense to non-robotics people xD but hey, any FTC’ers out there :P how yah doin :)
- A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
- The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles roll
- ed into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
- The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’
- The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.The students laughed..
- ‘Now,’ said the professor as the laughter subsided, ‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things—-your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions—-and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else—-the small stuff.
- ‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ he continued, ‘there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.
- If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.
- Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
- Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.
- Take care of the golf balls first—-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
- One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, ‘I’m glad you asked.’ The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.
I just finished the last episode of the series and i honestly don’t think i have cried over a tv show like this one before. it was just absolutely amazing. after 5 years, it has all come down to this. When Arthur thanked Merlin, i was just crying and my heart like physically hearts and emotionally. It’s like a big hole now. yes i know i probably sound pathetic but i dont care. That show was just amazing. I’m so upset to see it end.. i have to go back and re-watch all 5 seasons from 5 years. I don’t even know how to sum up my emotions. I’m still in shock and its been a good 20 minutes since the episode ended. I literally have no emotion left after Merlin, what can I even do with my life now without Colin Morgan and Bradley James in my life. Brb, gonna go sit in my corner with spiders.
I just can’t.
I am a mess of emotions.
PS. sorry for the 191824379183 Merlin posts you are about to see.
I wish Merlin could go on…
Little part of me died. I love Merlin and Arthur. And I love Colin Morgan and Bradley James for playing them so perfectly.
it’s kind of a disappointment the world didn’t end. I mean its not that i wanted it to or anything, but like for the past two years its all the everyone has been saying and now the day has come and its like nothing even happened :P lol well hooray for living!
So i was thinking about this whole dec 21,2012 bullshit. I don’t believe in an apocalypse or that the world is going to end randomly tomorrow. However, i do feel that it might be a day where more evil happens in the world. Recently, in light of the Connecticut shooting i was analyzing what i thought destruction is. I mean of course you can have your earthquakes, destroyed structures, zombies walking around, huge explosions etc etc. But what about the destruction of humanity. If you think about it, some of the main destruction in this world is caused by humans themselves. More people are choosing the path of evil. and if thats the case, whats to say that its not the people that are dying, but the good in them. Who knows? anything can happen tomorrow..or basically nothing can happen tomorrow. Either way i feel that the world’s end is going to occur on a different scale then what is expected. If we all die in pits of fire, well i guess i was wrong…:)