I’M DEAD. GOODBYE.
- Josh: Hello Ashika, love the name! How are you today?
- me: Can i come back if the issue keeps happening?
- Josh: Sure, I know someone else will love reading your name as much as me.
- Josh: Alright Ashika, there isn't a way to do this quickly but you basically have to delete all your saved mail, text messages, pictures in your text messages, etc. They are your temporary files your phone saves each time you receive or send something. Ashika, sorry had to do it one more time.
- Josh: No problem Ashika, see i even like typing it.
- Josh: Thank you, Ashika, Ashika, Ashika, sorry last time, promise. I hope you have a wonderful day! If there is nothing further I can help you with, please click the "End Chat" button on the upper left corner of the chat window and answer a few questions about your experience with me today. We value your feedback.
So today, while Ashika and I were off playing speedminton like the die hard athletes that we are, Mahathi, Jess, Mahima, and Ranjitha “playing” ping pong. I don’t know what you’re definition of playing ping pong is, but last time I checked, it wasn’t sitting behind the wall so that no one could see that they were doing absolutely nothing. So then about half way through the period, when they thought they were in the clear, our teacher came up to them said:
Ladies, at least pretend. I don’t know, but I just found that hilarious.
Basically, at previous meets and competitions we usually placed last/second to last. and to see us make it from there to 3rd place outa 26 TEAMS was unbeleivable. I was team captain and our team was an aliance captain, meaning we got to pick our partners for the semi finals, so I had to stand in front of EVERYONE along side the other 3 alliance captains and i had to nominate the teams as they then “graciously accepted.” It was my first time really doing all this like robotics stuff so it was nerve wrecking but at the same time so much fun. Like i came home and just couldn’t stop smiling even though we got out in the semi finals. I was so stressed out and my coaches were all its okay! You got this! You make the shots. and at that moment. i was like woah i have to put my whole team on my back right now. To move onto finals, we had to win a best 2 outa 3 tourney. The first match we went up with our first pick alliance and we ended up losing. I figured that my two alliances combined were stronger than my own team so i ended up putting those two out there. But, bad choice. I mean yes they did incredibly well and left all they had out on the field but since they lost, it was almost as if i didnt even get a chance to redeem ourselves because, we personally, were not playing in that match. But even then it was just fun and we rooted for other teams and i went and thanked all the players and they thanked me for being chosen and what not. The best part though was nominating the other teams. That was incredible. We picked team E=MK^2 and i saw like their entireee team just get up in the stands and start screaming as their captain came up to me and accepted our offer. It just put a smile on my face that we were able to be in that high of a position to be able to give another team the chance to experiance that feeling. And above all, just our team itself being an ALLIANCE CAPTAIN! Some teams that go to worlds haven’t even had an opportunity to be an alliance captain. Well i think our team is so damn close to being in States and with just a little more work, we can DEFINETLY pull ourselves up and be the best at next sunday’s qualifiers :) <3 Let’s hope for the best!
Sorry, all this probably makes no sense to non-robotics people xD but hey, any FTC’ers out there :P how yah doin :)